This trail mix is easy to make and is great for a quick snack. It’s great on the go or sitting at home.
Crock Pot Chunky Monkey Paleo Trail Mix
Super easy and healthy chunky monkey crock pot paleo trial mix.
- 2 1/4 cup raw walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup raw cashews halves (or other nut of choice)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (be sure to get big FLAKES not shredded)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2-3 tbsp butter (cut in slices or at room temp)
- 4-5 tbsp coconut oil to make vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla or butter extract
- 2 cup unsweetened banana chips or dried banana slices
- 2/3 -3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or paleo fudge chunks (we used Enjoy life foods brand)
- parchment paper
- Place your nuts, coconut, sugar, vanilla, and butter(slices) or coconut oil in crockpot.
- Mix together and place on high for 45- 60 minutes.
- Stir a few times checking to make sure coconut flakes do not burn.
- Reduce to low after 45 minutes if flakes are cooking faster or browning.
- Then turn to low for the next 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and place crock pot contents on parchment paper to dry out.
- Add in your banana chips and chocolate chips and mix together.
- Store in air tight container or ziplock bag
Vegans: if you are using coconut oil, use 4 tbsp to start and then adjust half way to make sure all ingredients dissolve. You might need more or less.
Source: Cotter Crunch